The Construction Innovation Hub is a UK government-funded programme on a mission to transform the UK construction industry.
Combining the world-class expertise of the Building Research Establishment (BRE), the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) and the University of Cambridge’s Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB), we want to change the way our buildings and infrastructure are designed, manufactured and connected within our built environment by embracing modern methods of construction and digital ways of working.
This is an exciting time to join the Construction Innovation Hub. Two years into our four-year programme, a critical factor in our success will be engaging actively with stakeholders across the construction sector and beyond.
We are looking for an innovative, enthusiastic, engagement specialist to join our growing and diverse team. This is the ideal role for someone with extensive experience of stakeholder engagement and management, ready to take a step upwards into a new and challenging role which will allow them to deepen their knowledge and expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a truly transformative project with some of the best and the brightest minds across the worlds of academia, manufacturing and building performance to make a positive difference for our environment and society.
Reporting to the Hub’s Head of Engagement, this person will:
- Lead the planning and delivery of a comprehensive package of workstream-level engagement activities, including industry consultations, establishing working groups and facilitation of events
- Identity opportunities to engage with the Hub’s critical stakeholders such as construction businesses, supply chain partners, sectoral associations and professional bodies
- Identify and develop new tools and channels to facilitate engagement
- Capture and analyse engagement data and compile reports for senior management
- Attend and represent the Hub at conferences, networking events and working groups
- Lead the Hub’s relationships with key delivery partners, who enable a greater level of dialogue with the construction sector
- Work with the Communications PM to produce high-quality, digital and print content to support the Hub’s stakeholder engagement (videos, animations, brochures etc.)
- Support the wider comms and engagement team as required on a range of external and internal communications and engagement activities
- Extensive experience in an engagement, public affairs, corporate affairs or equivalent role
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an efficient, agile and timely manner
- An eagerness to learn new skills, grow and develop in the role
- An outgoing and confident personality, at ease representing the Construction Innovation Hub in direct one-to-one engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders as well as at events and conferences
- Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills and a supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Previous experience of the construction sector would be an advantage, but is not mandatory
Location of Role:
You will have a base at BRE’s campus in Watford and an office in central London. You may be required to travel to the Hub’s partner organisations in Cambridge and Coventry and elsewhere in the UK on an ad hoc basis.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.