UPDATE FOR PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
If you have an enquiry about your project idea’s fit with and additionality to the Construction Innovation Hub programme, please read the information contained on this page.
If you have previously completed an enquiry form on this website, the Hub team will respond to you.
For enquiries only regarding compatibility with MMC platform approaches developed under the programme and specified by the Department for Education please contact Innovate UK at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the competition helpline on 0300 321 4357 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Before you contact us, we recommend that you follow the suggested links in the Innovate UK competition scope, read the Q&As and find out more about the Construction Innovation Hub.
We also strongly recommend you watch the ISCF Transforming Construction CR&D & Demonstrators Round 2 webinar and find out about a series of competition briefing events being held across the UK. The events will take place during September in London (4th), Cardiff (5th), Birmingham (6th), Belfast (11th) & Glasgow (12th) and provide the chance to hear from the Innovate UK team, pose questions and network. The Construction Innovation Hub will be part of the speaking line up for each event.
Innovate UK competition scope links
- The Transforming Construction Challenge
- Project 13 methodologies and Gemini Principles
- Government Departments and Arm’s Length Bodies listed in the TIP Strategy or TIES.
- Construction Leadership Council (CLC) members and work programmes
- i3P and BuildOffsite members and programmes
- Active Building Centre and its partners
- Infrastructure Clients Group members.
Please also read the following Q&As to find answers to common questions related to the Innovate UK CR&D and Demonstrator competitions and the Construction Innovation Hub.
About the Construction Innovation Hub
The Construction Innovation Hub forms a central part of the Construction Sector Deal, with £72m of Grant Funding from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) to help deliver the ambitions of the Transforming Construction Challenge. Our mission is to be a catalyst for transforming the UK construction sector through manufacturing technologies and digital ways of working – boosting productivity, exports and asset performance to benefit society.
The Construction Innovation Hub is running:
- A manufacturing programme to develop the manufacturing design, process engineering and quality control to support platform or “kit of parts” approaches to construction, especially for social infrastructure
- A digital programme to develop the information management landscape, digital twins for lifetime asset management and the UK BIM framework
- A performance programme looking at component validation, digital compliance and whole life value.
This technical work is supported by:
- Research to understand the current capacity of government clients and the supply chain to adopt new delivery models
- Engagement with industry and support for industry to adopt these new models
- Practical demonstrators
- Deployment solutions looking at commercial, skills and digital needs for scale-up.
The Construction Innovation Hub brings together world-class expertise from:
- The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC): MTC already has a proven track record developing new technologies and manufacturing systems for a range of other sectors including Food and Drink, General Industrial, Defence, Automotive and Aerospace, and is promoting the advantages of adapting new technologies like automation, robotics and virtual reality for the benefit of the construction industry
- BRE: an international, multi-disciplinary, building science and organisation with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure through testing, research and knowledge generation, and their application
- The Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB): a partnership between the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the University of Cambridge to deliver a smart digital economy for infrastructure and construction for the future.