- Terms and Conditions of Use
Building Research Establishment Limited (“BRE”), company number 03319325, with a registered office of Bucknalls Lane, Garston, Watford, England, WD25 9XX;
The Manufacturing and Technology Centre Limited (“MTC”), company number 06815480, with a registered office of Pilot Way, Ansty Business Park, Ansty, Coventry, Warwickshire, England, CV7 9JU; and
The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge (trading as “Centre for Digital Built Britain” or “CDBB”), with a registered office of The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB2 1TN.
- Data Protection
- “Data Protection Legislation” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and any legislation which amends, re-enacts or replaces it in England and Wales. The definitions and interpretations in the Data Protection Legislation apply to this clause.
- The content on the TCA website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Aggregate Data
We automatically gather certain usage information when you view the TCA website. This includes the number and frequency of visitors to the TCA website. We only use such data in aggregate form. This is collected data to help us determine how much, and which parts, of the TCA website you use, so we can improve the website user experience.
- IP Address
We may collect and track internet traffic to the TCA website by IP address. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you use your browser or access the internet. We log this information, but this information is never linked to any personally identifying information. It is used to audit the number of visitors to the TCA website.
- We will not be liable to you for any (including indirect and consequential) loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, the TCA website or use of or reliance on any content displayed on the TCA website.
- Mention of third party products, services, companies and websites on the TCA website is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
- Websites we link to
Where the TCA website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by TCA of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. This is because we have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
- User-generated content approval
- The TCA website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the TCA website, including bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by TCA. The views expressed by other users on the TCA website do not necessarily represent TCA’s views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us at email@example.com.
- Uploading content to the TCA website
- Whenever TCA makes use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the TCA website, or to make contact with other users of the TCA website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards, and you will be liable to TCA, indemnify and hold us harmless, for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to the TCA website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the TCA website a perpetual, royalty free, worldwide, and licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the TCA website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on the TCA website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- Intellectual Property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the TCA website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off, and may download extracts, of any page from the TCA website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the TCA website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials that you have printed off or downloaded in any way for commercial use or public display, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the TCA website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on The TCA website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from TCA or our licensors.
- Trade marks
The TCA brand name and certification marks are registered and protected across various countries around the world. Trade marks belonging to TCA (whether registered or unregistered) may not be used without express written permission from TCA.
- Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.